Product Manager (and kinda-UX Designer)
Fitted is redefining the global fashion landscape by bringing awesome native wear to customers anywhere while formalizing the custom clothing production value chain in frontier markets.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals for Fitted®. Their goal is to help build the technology that facilitates every aspect of the company optimize its performance. You will work on new products and will be prioritizing changes based on product requirements, business requirements, and market research. Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for business-side operations, project management for new projects, and will have to enact go-to-market strategies. Your clarity of communication will rely greatly on your technical skills.
You have worked in a structured environment that has organized systems for product & software development. You are familiar with scrum and agile methodologies. You enjoy asking the right questions
You are self-motivated, passionate about technology with a keen and insightful understanding of numerous languages and their suitability for different problems. Ideal candidates will care deeply about the many problems facing African markets and be deep motivated by the chance to make meaningful impact in the lives of tailors and beyond.
You are the kind of person who prefers to spend 90% of time planning, and 10% of time flawlessly executing, so rigorous understanding of the use case is essential. You also don’t just like early validation – you make it your business and suggest ways in which the team can ensure the product being built is what the people want. You will be particularly skilled with software architecture design, and contribute extensively to what technologies we should imbibe for optimal growth, security and stability.
- Interface with customers (where needed) to understand use cases and pain point
- Facilitate design reviews where feedback is collated, documented, and disseminated internally based on data
- Assist in uncovering and understanding customer needs and translating these into requirements and features
- Understand, research, and innovate on technical trends in relevant industries. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly
- Project Management
- Plan, manage, monitor and report on Sprint performance
- Facilitate Sprint retrospectives and evaluation
- Ensure optimal flow of communication in sprints and development projects
- Serve as key de-blocking resource for developers, designers and product team
- Communicate product strategy and the "why" of our work to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders
- Work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation for project planning and execution of technology projects
- UX Design
- Create UX designs in collaboration with designers & Management
- Promote a culture of design thinking and solutions based design
- Facilitate Design sprints
- Create Design evaluation experiments to test how optimally products address user requirements
- Employ data-driven decision making to our UX design processes
- Facilitate Idea validation tests, UX Design Tests, Product MVP beta tests, and any other testing required for our Products
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Product Leadership
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community
🖥️ Tech stack
You'll have the opportunity to provide key leadership at this formative stage of the Company. Our stack is built on the Front with
- Liquid (Online Store)
- React (Order Management System frontend)
- Node.JS (Backend)
- PHP (Backend) - minimal
You'll have the chance to design, code and implement salient components of the tech stack to help Fitted scale
🏠 Flexible Working
We have always embraced working remotely, even before the pandemic. The role is however based out of the Lagos office. You will have a reasonable amount of flexibility as to what hours you do your work, as long as your teammates can depend on you, you are on-time to calls/meetings, and the work gets done.
🔧Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other professional degree (self-taught coders welcome).
📈 Salary: Negotiable & Competitive
- N320k - N500k per month (net)
- Bonus of up to 2.0x base pay within 12 months (subject to KPI performance)
- FX payment option after 6-months (subject to market availability)
Fitted® is the clothing brand of Semper Lux Limited. We look for extremely capable team members to grow with. We offer a compelling package with a promise of exceptionally rewarding hard work that stretches the bounds of what you believed could be achieved individually and as a team. We have a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for individual expression and initiative-based professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Fitted® employee shares one galvanizing mission: to push the boundaries of excellence and constantly revisit the principles of the world to forge something new.
💼 Our Hiring Process:
Internal initial screening based on answer quality and skills
- Phone screen
- Aptitude Test ~1.5 hours
- Meeting with CEO / Team
We usually process applications within a week.
Fitted® is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.