Back end Developer
Fitted® is about more than an excellent custom clothing experience. It is about pushing the boundaries of excellence and constantly revisiting established best practices to forge something new. Our culture thrives on embracing radical ideas, and a peculiar view on the mundane. We are a team of dreamers who spend every waking moment executing on that vision. At Fitted®, it’s about each person bringing their skills and passion to a constantly evolving marketplace.
The Back end Developer role develops, maintains, and optimizes the technology stack for Fitted®. Their goal is to help build the technology that facilitates every aspect of the company optimize its performance. Our ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with the pillars and expected behaviours of agile methodologies like the scrum framework/ kanban suited to rapid product development and iterative product building based on market feedback
- Write code to develop the backend for new software capabilities (mobile apps, websites etc.)
- Write APIs for front end designs – having knowledge of how to integrate APIs on the front end is an added bonus
- Have awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and framework with which to choose the most appropriate language for a use case
- Be fluent with version control and Git flows
- Be fluent in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Demonstrate strong aptitude with appraising, testing and consuming 3rd party APIs across telco and other functionality, like Africa’s talking for voice, SMS, MMS, and USSD application integrations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and maintain excellent documentation of code and repositories
- Possess and advanced ability to understand, document and review systems architecture and make recommendation of optimal amelioration techniques
- Have a great personal resolve to deliver superior output individually and in a team
- Have the humility to learn from non-technical people
Display sophisticated scoping abilities: adeptness at taking an idea from the product team and go through all required phases to bring that product to reality. This includes but will not be limited to, stakeholder engagement, project scoping, ethnographic/feasibility studies, evaluation of possible solutions across technologies, design contribution, design testing, A/B analytics, software development, integration of APIs, documentation of code, debugging and testing, version management, and any other requirements from Fitted to deliver on a technology solution.
You have excellent problem solving skills and can find efficient and tidy solutions to major technical problems or blockers independently and within a team
You have a high attention to detail, resulting in you asking many clarification questions that ultimately improves the quality of your work due to insightful understanding of products being built
You have strong analytical thinking, able to walk through complex logic sequencing and spot implicit logic bombs early
You work very well as part of a team and don’t mind being accountable for your individual and group contribution.
You have worked in a structured environment that has organized systems for software development. You are familiar with scrum and agile methodologies. You don’t cut corners and enjoy writing clean, efficient code, and you’re a stickler for excellent documentation.
You are self-motivated, passionate about technology with a keen and insightful understanding of numerous languages and their suitability for different problems. Ideal candidates will care deeply about the many problems facing African markets and be deep motivated by the chance to make meaningful impact in the lives of tailors and beyond.
You are the kind of person who prefers to spend 90% of time planning, and 10% of time flawlessly executing, so rigorous understanding of the use case is essential. You also don’t just like early validation – you make it your business and suggest ways in which the team can ensure the product being built is what the people want. You will be particularly skilled with software architecture design, and contribute extensively to what technologies we should imbibe for optimal growth, security and stability.
Skills: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other professional degree (self-taught coders welcome)
Completed NYSC / no immediate plans of embarking on NYSC in the next 12 months
Salary: Negotiable & Competitive
Fitted® is the clothing brand of Semper Lux Limited. We look for extremely capable team members to grow with. We offer a compelling package with a promise of exceptionally rewarding hard work that stretches the bounds of what you believed could be achieved individually and as a team. We have a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for individual expression and initiative-based professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Fitted® employee shares one galvanizing mission: to push the boundaries of excellence and constantly revisit the principles of the world to forge something new.
Fitted® is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.